Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Light Switch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
c.era
349 Views, 3 Replies

Nested Light Switch

Is it possible to nest single switches into a duplex and circuit lights to each switch or does saving a family as a switch device automatically define it as a single entity?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: c.era

You cannot. The entire element acts as a switch. Each switch would have to be its own entity. You can Group them, and circuit them individually if that might work for you.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
c.era
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks. Not to beat a dead horse, but that receptacle you commented on earlier....The only way it obey the default elevation is if I drag and drop from the browser. I simply cannot get it to insert from the home tab. It will obey the first device placed and all future devices are placed at that height, regardless of the default value. Suggestions?

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: c.era

Don't worry about it - there are lots of dead horses here, many of which have been beaten and re-beaten. I have not been able to get mine to not function correctly, ironically. I can provide you with one more suggestion: After selecting Electrical Fixture from the Home Tab, use the Type Selector to change the current Type to something else and then change it back again. This will also reset this elevation override, at least it did on mine...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report