Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested family not showing in plan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Elvis_DDA
1831 Views, 3 Replies

Nested family not showing in plan

I have made a family from the generic face based template to use as a grille in other families. I placed it in a family and it shows fine in 3D, but not in plan. Both families are set to mechanical equipment, yet only the host family shows in plan. The grille showed when I directly drew it into the family, but I want to use the same one on many mechanical equipment models.

Does anyone have any ideas why this isn't showing up correctly? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bcaudill
in reply to: Elvis_DDA

Is this annotated? If so, there's a known issue of annotations not showing up in anything categorized as "equipment". You might need to change it to a "Device" or use symbolic representation..

I would also check the VISIBILITY settings. Try truning on all "View Specific Displays" and "Detail levels".

HTH,
~BMC~
Message 3 of 4
Elvis_DDA

No, not an annotation, it's just a family I made to show a grille nested in an outdoor unit family. I have the same grille in many families, so didn't want to have to draw it over and over.

I've turned everything on and it still only shows the void where it cuts the face and no solids around it. It doesn't matter too much as I'm using a 2d drawing in plan anyway, was just curious as to why it won't show.

I'll try turning it into a device, to see if that works.

Edited by: Elvis_DDA on Apr 8, 2009 1:22 PM Edited by: Elvis_DDA on Apr 8, 2009 1:26 PM
Message 4 of 4
bcaudill

Make sure you check the visibility settings or BOTH elements too. Grab all components you want to display in the nested and host family and make sure you're turning ON all "View Specific Displays" and "Detail levels".

Also try copy and pasting the grille into your familes as opposed to loading.

HTH,

~BMC~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report