Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need wiring to show in other views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
meaton224
1203 Views, 3 Replies

Need wiring to show in other views

I am working on a project with different phases.  There are 4 phases.  I want the wiring in Phase 1 to show but not in phase 2 or 3 for the phase 1 wiring.  I want the wiring to show in phase 4 (complete).  I  see that you can't put the wiring on phases like you can with devices or light fixtures.  Without having to copy paste the wiring, is there another way to have them show?

I have attached some examples to try explain what I am looking to do.  Hopefully it is more clear than I am explaining

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: meaton224

Although the Wires Category is listed under "Model Objects" under Object Styles and V/G Overrides, Wires are actually annotative elements. This means that they behave like Text, in that, the Wires only exist in the View in which they were created (and in associated Dependent Views).

So, even if you wanted to show the exact same Wiring on two different Views, you'd still have to Copy/Paste them from one to the other. Also, if one layout is modified, the other will NOT automatically follow the modifications.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
casquatch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Another thing I always mention to our users is that Wires are somewhat both a model and an annotation element. Probably why Autodesk puts them in the Model categories.

They are a model element because they connect elements together no matter what view they are in, but they are an annotation element in that they only exist in the view they were created (like Corey stated).

Thanks,
Casey

Message 4 of 4
meaton224
in reply to: meaton224

That is kind of what I thought was going to be the answer but I was hoping for a different result.  Thanks for your responses!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report