Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with pipe bends at smaller angles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danhaga
899 Views, 1 Reply

Need help with pipe bends at smaller angles

I have noticed the smallest pipe bend Revit will allow you to make is 5 degrees with the generic pipe fittings.  Is there a way to change this?  I would like to be able to make pipe bends as small as 1 degree or even smaller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: danhaga

I've seen this problem come up a couple times, but I've not seen a solution. I believe part of the problem is that if the angle becomes that small, some of the lines that define the model of the elbow would become "too short" (to quote the Revit error message) and the elbow could not be created. This might be an internal protection against that, but this is merely speculation.

You can try to create a new elbow with a fixed angle, but I don't think you'll have much luck. Perhaps, if the angle is that miniscule, you can just align the pipe ends and don't connect them. I apologize that I could not find a better solution at this time.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report