Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Spot Elevations

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Purus_Cdds
2467 Views, 6 Replies

Multiple Spot Elevations

Hope you people are having great holidays...!

Is it possible to add spot elevation to all duct/pipes like "tag all"?

Or is there any way to do that with 3rd party add-in?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dbutts7
in reply to: Purus_Cdds

On the Annotate Panel, Dimension tab, select the Spot Elevation tool - there are three versions each for project and relative elevations, based on your defined levels in a project. If you defined your project at real world elevations, you can use Project to get the actual elevation, but if you need an elevation that's related to a specific floor level, you can use Relative. These types are included in the default templates. The drawback is that these are one-at-a-time tools, since you need to pick a specific point.

You can edit a duct/pipe tag to include elevation as a property - simply edit an existing tag, and select the label. Edit the label to include a bottom or top elevation, or start/end offset height. But if you want a specific elevation on sloped duct, stick with the spot elevation tag. there are some examples in the Annotation library for Mechanical parts.

thanks - db

@Purus_Cdds wrote:

Hope you people are having great holidays...!

Is it possible to add spot elevation to all duct/pipes like "tag all"?

Or is there any way to do that with 3rd party add-in?

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Purus_Cdds
in reply to: dbutts7

Thanks db..!

I managed to add TOD and BOD to ducts using tags. And COP to pipes.

Still I cant able to add TOP and BOP to pipes using TAGS. Is there anyway to do that?
Message 4 of 7
dbutts7

It works the same way - the default Revit content includes a pipe invert elevation tag for BOP elevations, they should be under Annotations > Pipe - just edit the family and look for the values in the label tool. You can also use a formula, taking the invert elevation, and either adding or subtracting the pipe radius...if you need more help with this, let me know and I'll put an example together for you.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Purus_Cdds

Thank you so much for keep on answering my questions.

Can you please help me with an example?

Thanks again.
-Purus
Message 6 of 7
dbutts7

Sure thing - let me work on it, it might be tomorrow or Friday but I will get a completed RVT with example and RFA file back to you ASAP -

thanks - db

David A. Butts

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Purus_Cdds

Great. Thank you...!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report