Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Receptacles 1 Family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scenerstrip
575 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple Receptacles 1 Family

Any thoughts on creating the following.

I have multiple styles of receptacles, Regular Rec. Split Receptacle, and about 20 other styles etc.

Any thoughts on creating 1 family with multiple receptacles and I can change them using the type selector?

Kind of like a dynamic block in autoCAD but working like Revit.

regards
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you just want to change the annotation, you can load all of the different annotations into one family and create visibility parameters for each. Each different type you create can have a specific visibility parameter checked thus only displaying the appropriate annotation.

But if you have receptacles that operate differently such as a split receptacle, which would require two connectors, I suggest making a separate family.

Also be careful about combining too many types together. The more complex you make the family the more demand it places on your machine and thus decreasing the performance. Ive run into this problem when creating arrays in the family editor.

Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 4
scenerstrip
in reply to: scenerstrip

This does help, you bring up another good point on the split receptacle. I will need to include annother connector. unless Revit has an OOTB one? I can't seem to find.
Message 4 of 4

No they do not have one. You will have to create one yourself, along with any other useful object you're going to need. But I hope you don't need to use one anytime soon. I have come across all kinds of problems with circuiting and tagging families with multiple connectors of the same type. I tried doing some circuiting and switching arrangements with dual circuit lighting fixtures and have had no luck I filled out a request with the subscription service almost two weeks ago about this problem and still have not heard anything back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report