Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Light sources

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jarom05
355 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Light sources

How do I create a family with multiple light sources. I have a fixture the has 2 indirect heads that are facing opposite directions. I tried creating the fixture and then nesting the fixture so that it has two heads, but it didn't carry over the photometric. So I could only get the fixture to work somewhat correctly with only one head. What do you suggest?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
geoffriddle1239
in reply to: Jarom05

I brought up this issue awhile back with the subscription service and there is currently no way to make a family with two light sources.

Some possible workarounds are:
- Sometimes the light fixture with multiple sources can be viewed as one source. But this only works if your photometrics reflect the number of light sources.
- Insert multiple instances into the project. For example I was trying to make a 4-head pole mounted area light. I created the head and pole as separate families and placed four instances of the head onto the pole. It gives you four connectors instead of one but it is a temporary workaround until this gets fixed.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report