Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicategory Schedule

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikej
399 Views, 3 Replies

Multicategory Schedule

I have created a multicategory schedule that includes the Length parameter, but he conduit is not showing a length.  The field is blank.  The parameter in a conduit schedule works just fine, but not in a multicategory schedule.  What's up?  I really need this to work correctly.  Any chance this will ever get fixed?

mikej
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mikej

Hi Mike,

The "Length" System Parameter is not accessible in Multi-Category Schedules, so that "Length" Parameter you see is most likely a Project Parameter that was created either manually or by an Add-In. You can verify this by going to Project Parameters on the Manage tab. Multi-Category Schedules are extremely limited, and are only able to access Shared Parameters and the System Parameters that are commonly available amongst all Categories of Elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
mikej
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That's a bummer.  I thought I might have a nifty work around for some issues with the conduit run schedules.  I did check the Project parameters and it wasn't from there, so I am not exactly sure where it came from.  I sure wish I had access to it in the multicategory schedule.

Mike J

mikej
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mikej

If you don't see it in Project Parameters, then it's just a Shared Parameter that's been included in at least one Family that's in the Project. And the Multi-Category Schedules are not tremendously useful, aside from a few specific uses.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report