Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi category schedule, missing parameters

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
revitworkbench
2762 Views, 7 Replies

Multi category schedule, missing parameters

So I went to create a multi-category schedule, and one of the parameters I need is length (as in ductwork or pipes) but it is not in the list of available fields in my multicategory schedule. Is there a way to add it in, or a work around? thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Yes, the Multi-Category Schedules are weaker. There are so few parameters that are common amongst all of the Categories. There's now way to add the Duct and Pipe Length to these schedules. What information are you looking to have in your schedule?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I need to have length of duct and pipes, so Ill just have to make a bunch of schedules. Do you know what it means when the following error message is occuring "the following is not a valid schedule field: Outter Surface Area" It is refeering to a Calculated Value Parameter that I put in my schedule. I have many in fact. But when I try to add these two fields together, I get this error. Any ideas? The calculated values work fine. They are on the schedule, I only get this error when I try to add the two together. thanks

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

What are the exact names of the Parameters that are giving you that error? If they've got a formulaic symbol in their name (i.e. minus, parentheses, asterisk) then it will be treated as such by Revit. So, for example, say you have:

Parameter Name 1 = Total_Length

Parameter Name 2 = Option - Type A

...and you wanted to add these values together with a formula: Total_Length + Option - Type A

Because of the "-" in the Parameter name, Revit thinks that "Option" and "Type A" are two separate parameter names.

Total_Length [plus] Option [minus] Type A      ...hence the error.

Edit: I typically use the "En Dash" character in place of the typical dash for Parameter Names. Alt+0150 = "–"

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
revitworkbench

The Exact names are Inner Surface Area (ft) and Outter Surface Area (ft) is the parenthesis throwing it off?

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

Exactly. If you want to keep the Parenthesis in the name, use the "Ornate Parenthesis" found in the Character Map for Arial. That's what I do.

CharMapParenth.JPG

Message 7 of 8
CoreyDaun

The other option you have (specifically in schedules) is to rename the Calculated Value to omit the "(ft)" and then alter the "Heading:" for that field (Formatting tab) and add the "(ft)" there.

Message 8 of 8
rishabh.0.0

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem. 

Trying to create a multi category schedule of horizontal and vertical framing members. 

If i export schedules individually i.e. horizontal schedule and vertical schedule, they come out fine. 

If i create a multi category schedule, I lose the lengths of the horizontal member (The ones marked as top and bottom in comments), they are grouped together but they are all different lengths. 

Image attached. Any ideas?

Multi Category scheduleMulti Category scheduleOnly horizontal framing scheduleOnly horizontal framing schedule

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report