Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving connectors in the family editor.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
11599 Views, 3 Replies

Moving connectors in the family editor.

I am attempting to use the create equipment in place functionality. The problem i am running into when creating the content is that when i add a duct or pipe connector to a plane I am not able to relocate it on that plane, it seems "stuck" to the middle of it. Is there something easy I'm missing?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When placing a connector you have the choice to place it on a face or place on a work plane in the options bar. if you select work plane it will bring up the work plane dialog box. chose pick plane and you will be able to highlight like when chosing to place on a face. this will put the center of connector at the bottom left corner of that face. you can then move it in the 2 parallel directions. What i mean by that is if you picked the top of a box to place the connector, you can only move in the X and Y not the Z.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Does that mean if you place them on a face they can't be relocated on the face they are placed on?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I think there is a glitch in the program that does not allow you to move a connector once it is place. This wasn't an issue in the pre-MEP 2008 releases. To get around it, I have been creating a void extrusion on the plane I want to place the connector that is dimensioned. Then I place the connector on the void plane and then move the void by changing the dimensions. I've attached a family file showing how I did this. Changing "Dim1" and "Dim2" will move the connector on the box on the right. The connector on the box on the left cannot be moved. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report