Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modular wiring

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mark
384 Views, 1 Reply

Modular wiring

Hope someone might be able to help
A client im working for has said that they wish to go down the modular wiring route for all wiring. So in other words like a mass of extension leads that you just plug into a run.

For example: A hospital has many rooms that are the same and can be prefabed off site (walls, Ceiling void services etc) with this in mind a wall can be made off site and all the wiring, plumbing and all other services can be made into the wall, shipped to site, then plugged in when installed with no fafing around and wasting time.

My question is how would you (if you can) represent modular wiring in revit?
I think i may know the answer but i just wanted to through it out there to see if anyone has done this before and ifso how?

Thanks
Mark

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mark

Hello Mark, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I would think the best route would be to model the prefab wall as its own Family and add the appropriate Connectors to that. To go a little more detailed, in lieu of placing the Connectors in this Family, you could model each port/device as a Shared Family with a Connector, and then nest them into the prefab wall Family. This method would allow you to Tag and Schedule the individual nested components of the prefab wall. Another possibility may be to create an Assembly. The method you choose would depend on exact what information you need to report.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report