Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model in place question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RickGraham
349 Views, 1 Reply

Model in place question

Hi All.

I ususally make it a practice to model my housekeeping pads in place on the model because of the varying shapes/sizes that each pad requires. So, modeling in place makes sense to me. My problem arises when using Worksets.

The pads I recently modeled are existing. My phase filter is set that everything in existing is halftone. When I plot out, the pads are showing dark even though the filter is set to existing. So, I decided to play some more and create a filter to see if I could force the issue. I created a new workset called Halftone and set the visibility properties to be halftoned. I changed my housekeeping pads to that workset, but they are still plotting out dark. Grumble, grumble. I delved into the model in place (which is basically extruded lines for a 6" pad), and all looks fine there.

So, out of ideas, I come here to the collective. Can model in place entities be controlled to show varying line widths and/or halftone? Revit 2014, if that matters.

Thanks!

Rick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jrobker
in reply to: RickGraham

Rick,

On what category did you model the housekeeping pad?

Remember revit is hard coded to display elements based on the current discipline.

Not sure if that's the issue, but take a look at changing the the category to Arch.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report