Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Tabs?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Thomas
408 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Tabs?

I'm using Revit 2015 and trying to inspect some ductwork.  I have the System Inspector button show up, and I click it.  The screen does it's fade so I know I'm inspecting it.  But the tab to click Inspect, Ok, and Cancel is no where to be found.  I just started a new job and noticed this issue with the inspector and groups. (With groups I just made a key command to 'finish group', but the there are none for the inspector that I saw.)  Any help please?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Firmanf
in reply to: Thomas

Thank you for posting.

Have you checked if your system is connected properly?

In order for the system inspector to work all the families need to be working correctly.

Things to check:

1. Do you have warnings concerning the MEP equipment? If so, please resolve them.

2. Try selecting each one of the parts of the system (one per time) > System Inspector > does the floating icon appears?

3. test a different file and see if it works.

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 3
Thomas
in reply to: Firmanf

I have the System Browser open while I'm working and it is reporting Flow and Static Pressure.  When the system is not properly connected (for the inspector) it also says 'Not Computed" for the Static Pressure in the System Browser.  So I'm sure I have them working right.  Also, the Inspect System icon does show up on the ribbon.  The problem is I click on the button on the ribbin, all the items not in the system fade out a bit as you enter the Inspector, and then the box where you click Inspect, Ok, Cancel doesn't show up.

I just tried an out of the box Mech Template file with out of the box furance and diffuser and it's the same issue, so I know it's not just my file.

I thought maybe the guy who worked before me just moved it somewhere or something so I've also tried to reset the ribbon.  I read somewhere about a file you can delete to do that.  It didn't help.  

So far in my projects I've worked around it by a combo of clicking on a duct and reading what it says in the properties panel, creating color plans with pressure and velocity, and using the system browser.  It would be a lot easier if I could get it to work though. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report