Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Linked File when Opening Project

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Ihab-b
1142 Views, 10 Replies

Missing Linked File when Opening Project

i am using Revit MEP 2012

when i try to open training file ( RME_Mech_Spaces_01_i.rvt. ) the program send this error : Revit could not find or read 1 referenced file . what do you want to do ?

there are 2 options :

1- Open manage link to correct the problem

2- Ignore and continue opening the project

when i press ignore the project don't show the content of project

when i press open manage .... the program open manage tabe and then i press reloud but it tells me that i am reloading the same project and it will not reloaded

what i can do ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Ihab-b

It sounds like it's not finding Revit Link and the path may be wrong. Can you post an image of your "Manage Links" dialog?

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, Ihab-b!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
Ihab-b

when i press reload the program said i am realoding the same file and it will not reload it

Message 4 of 11
CoreyDaun

Revit is not finding "Arch Link Model.rvt", so you will have to click "Reload From..." and manually find the file's location. Is it this file located in a different location than the "RME_Mech_Spaces" project file?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
Ihab-b
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you soooooooooo much

i did that and it worked
usually i use Elite ( CHVAC ) for analysing and AutoCad for drawing
now i am trying to learn AutoDesk Revit MEP becoz i will be more productive

please can you tell me if this steps are correct to start HVAC Project
1- linking cad 

2-drawing walls with Revit 

3- place levels

4-bounding

5-place plenum

6-place spaces

Message 6 of 11
CoreyDaun

@Ihab-b wrote:

"1- linking cad 

2-drawing walls with Revit 

3- place levels

4-bounding

5-place plenum

6-place spaces" 

That's kinda hard to give a good answer to without knowing anything about your situation. But...

#1 and #2 indicate that you will be drawing up the architecture yourself. Are you planning on doing that though MEP? If so, know that architecture tools are very limited.

#3 - Placing/defining Levels should come before drawing the walls, since they will be based upon them.

#4, #5, #6 - You're doing a tutorial for Spaces at the moment, right?

Message 7 of 11
Ihab-b

i am trying to link a cad file on Revit for villa project so i can analyse the heating and cooling loads and design HVAC system (( i want to compare the loads on Revit with loads in Elite ))

the cad project is just lines on 2D view so i should draw walls , doors and windows using Revit to make the program understand the spaces and zones in the project

thats what i am trying to do

Message 8 of 11
CoreyDaun

Alright - this isn't my forte, so someone of more experience with HVAC load calcs will need to assist you from here...

Message 9 of 11
Ihab-b

lol okay

thank you so much for helping me

🙂

Message 10 of 11
mmcglone

Just so I am clear. An architect sent you a cad floor plan, and you are going to model the building in revit in order to compare the load calcs between Elite and RMEP.  If that is the case I suggest you just use elite to for your loads.  If you have to model the building from scratch I find it hard to believe that you will be more productive with Revit compared to  Acad.  If the architect models the building in Revit then it is easy to export a gbxml file that you can import into Elite.  The gbxml file will populate all the rooms, exterior walls, windows, roof, etc.  If you are dead set on modeling the building, the  architectural forum would be a better place to ask about the best steps to take to complete a model.  You will have to make sure that the walls have the proper insulation and construction, as well as windows and roof.  Thats a tall order.

Message 11 of 11
Ihab-b
in reply to: mmcglone

i can analyse loads in Revit MEP and yes i use AutoCad MEP to Export gbxml  file but i want to learn Revit becoz it's Faster and more productive

it's not a big thing to redraw walls on Revit and thats all i need

all i need to analyse loads are walls

i do use gbxml file and it's good but i think the Revit is the futrue and i really want to learn it 

i am working on 2 projects now and i am trying to complete the work with Revit 

it takes along time to draw the Ducts and Pipes for 3 levels on Cad and i need to work on Duct sizing program to analyse the duct size and pipe sizing program to analyse the pipe size 

but Revit MEP do all this in fast and easy way 

thats way i want to use it even if the file was drawing in Cad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report