Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP SPACES FOR GBXMl Load analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ruidavid
463 Views, 3 Replies

MEP SPACES FOR GBXMl Load analysis

Hello!

How are you doing with spaces in the level below the roof but with plenums?

I wanto the space to take the area of roof in load analisys but I dont want him to take the wall of plenum!!

Best regards,

Rui

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: ruidavid

The plenums need to be designated with LEVELs so that you can SPACE out the plenums as if they were Floor Plans.  When you place the Spaces, you can set the properties via a check box in the Properties as plenum spaces.  We generally then ZONE all the plenum spaces of the floor as one Zone, minus any stairway areas.

Message 3 of 4
ruidavid
in reply to: dennis

But in that case, It allows me the mechanical space that i want to calculate load analisys to see the roof area upper plennum space?

The question is:

For that I get the properlly Floor to floor dimension without plenum dimension at trace 700 by gxml from revit and the roof area simultaneous! what Have I to do to see the roof and just the floor until prenum?

Or if it is possible on other hand:

Get at Trace 700 by gbxml exports/imports the exaxt plenum area + roof area assigned to space in load analisys+ wall from floor until plenum

Message 4 of 4
dennis
in reply to: ruidavid

Others here may be able to address TRANE in particular, I have never used it.  At an ASHRE conference I went to, three different presenters suggested (and did their analysis this way) that the ceiling just be turn off as a bounding object and let the SPACEs fillup all the way into the plenum.  Then export to TRANE or HAP and finish up the setup in those apps rather than try to use the built-in to the RMEP product.  They claimed it was much easier to do the setup in TRANE and HAP (and more reliable).  Again, I dont use TRANE/HAP so cant really address it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report