Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP Plumbing Annotaion/Symbol Lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
VanDyken
1177 Views, 5 Replies

MEP Plumbing Annotaion/Symbol Lines

I am importing a MEP file into my architectural model.  For some reason the plumbing "t" annotation projects into my elevations and sections even when the section is not cutting through the pipe line.  The "t"'s will turn off when I put the detail level at medium but I would like to have my detail level at fine to show structure and also piping.  See attached pics. 

How do I turn these off?  I have searched under visibility graphics and cannot find out how to turn them off.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
salah_2015
in reply to: VanDyken

Hello,

I think you don't have control over showing the annotation symbol in a specified detail level but you can change the annotation symbol or control its size

from piping settings.

If my answer solved your problem , Please Kudo and Accept as solution.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
kadmonkee

are you importing or linking in the Mechanical model?

if you link it in you can manage what is displayed through the visibility graphics of the specific linked model.

go to the visibility graphics window select Revit Links select the link you want, on the Display Settings tab change the label to read Custom.

this will activate all the fields for editing. select either Model categories or Annotative Categories and set them both to Custom.

browse to the category you want to turn off and uncheck the box for that category.

Annotative symbols may have sub categories - if you know what that is you can turn off that subcategory (image 2)

model categories turn off pipe fittings

Custom linked settings.PNG

revit linked models.PNG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 6
scott_dakin1

Have you tried turning off the pipe Rise / Drop symbols?

Message 5 of 6
ct_studio
in reply to: kadmonkee

I have the same issue with symbols appearing:

ct_studio_0-1709151341497.png

Green is ok but Red should not be visible.

My annotation categories for the linked model are turned off.

Message 6 of 6
chrisbearden

The "t's" in the elevation are pipe centerlines.  you can turn those off in visibility graphics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report