Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP pipe elevation height problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1635 Views, 1 Reply

MEP pipe elevation height problem

Hey so I was wondering how do I get the bottom height of the pipe to be correct? For example, when I put in a 8" diameter pipe at an offset of 8.63' (I have set the justification to bottom) I measure the bottom of the pipe and it will show as 8.262'

So my question is, how do I make the pipe specify the correct height that I want from the bottom of pipe to the grade level?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

DaraWC wrote:

"Hey so I was wondering how do I get the bottom height of the pipe to be correct? For example, when I put in a 8" diameter pipe at an offset of 8.63' (I have set the justification to bottom) I measure the bottom of the pipe and it will show as 8.262' "

The Justification of the Pipe or Duct does not dictate it's placement - it's more for aligning different sizes of Pipe across Transition Fittings as depicted in the image below.

PipeJustification.JPG

DaraWC wrote:

"So my question is, how do I make the pipe specify the correct height that I want from the bottom of pipe to the grade level?"

I think the way to accomplish this is to create a dimensional constraint between the bottom of the Pipe (that's already drawn) and the grade level. That will keep the bottom of the Pipe at that exact elevation should the Pipe's size change. There's no real great way to do this.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report