Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2013 Users Guide

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BRYANBRAUER1832
3048 Views, 8 Replies

MEP 2013 Users Guide

Does anyone know of plans for Autodesk to publish a REVIT MEP 2013 User Guide?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Aside from the Autodesk Wiki site?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 9

Yes.  It would be nice to have something similar to the Revit MEP 2011 User's Guide.  Do you know if there are plans to publish one?

Message 4 of 9

Probabaly not as the Mastering Revit MEP books seem to a decent replacement.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 9

Thanks. Can you supply a link to the location where I can download the Mastering REVIT MEP 2013 pdf file?  I can't seem to find it at Autodesk.

Message 6 of 9

I doubt it has been written yet as don't recall seeing any announcements. The normal channels are publishers or bookstores, either online or real world.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 9

I am at a bit of a loss as to how this can be regarded as an acceptable solution to the software documentation.

Message 8 of 9
LynR
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

Right, it isn't in any way acceptable!.

6 months later and I'm searching for something that I can print and I've come up with nothing. There are posts from a couple of years ago asking for printable manuals and - best answer was Autodesk were "working on making the wiki help easier to print",Smiley Frustrated so ok where is it then because I can't find it.

Message 9 of 9
julianjameson8403
in reply to: LynR

There are resources other than the wiki guide. Can't your company acquire a Mastering series book for you and your office, either hard copy or subscribe to a book repository that provides access to digital versions and is regularly updated with the newer titles? Your company could also provide access to suitable training material, which is web hosted and would be just as useful (if not more so) than the wiki. Many of the descriptions on the Wiki are ridiculously brief and unhelpful in a real world application, if they have even been documented (ADSK are notorious for missing key information on how their products work from help files!)

If not then forums and Youtube are really your only other legal options. If your company is blocking Youtube then they need to be convinced that you are a special user that needs access to it for training needs. This was the case at my last company because Youtube has many educational videos aside from Revit ones. Otherwise you are unfortunately going to have to learn in your own time using Youtube and a home licence of Revit.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report