Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2013: Duct Flow = Multiple Values l/s

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
Schmit01
3709 Views, 40 Replies

MEP 2013: Duct Flow = Multiple Values l/s

Ok so the new air flow breakdown of a single duct is a nice update when when checking my Flow and velocities. But besides having to place a damper and measure its flow at a point, how am I suppose to tag a duct now indicating its flow without getting "Multiple Valuel/s"?

Ryan 

South Africa

MEP 2013

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
mike
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

We have the same problem, all worked ok in 2012 but not in 2013 & 2014.  At the design stage we need to know and tag the flow velocity at each part of the ductwork, as it is critical to our design for ductwork in public areas of themed attractions.

Currently I am creating new tap's that are based on the design of tee's as these do not give the 'multiple values' problem.  Not an ideal solution but a workaround to replace the removed Revit functions.

Schedules may well highlight the problems but at the early design stage these are not yet done and it seems to cumbersome to create and cross reference to schedules.

The function was removed for the 2013 version and will probably never be returned.  Possibly Autodesk should consult with designers and take note on site of the way buildings are built, in many other areas as well.

We still create our main working drawings in AutoCAD.  Our use of Revit is 'forced' in some of our contracts, and we have to use the version of Revit that other consultants are using.  So, even if the problem had been fixed in Revit 2014 we would still be saddled with software that is not up to scratch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report