Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mechanical systems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sec-k
269 Views, 2 Replies

mechanical systems

What is the proper way to set up mechanical systems with a VAV type HVAC system. This system would include air terminals, variable air volume terminal units (VAV), fan powered variable air volume terminal units (FPB), and a rooftop air handler. When I select an air terminal to create a system, would the VAV or FPB that serves that air terminal be the associated equipment or would the air handler be the associated equipment?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jason.martin
in reply to: sec-k

For the Air Terminal, the VAV or FPB would be the equipment. For the VAV and FPB's the AHU should be the equipment.

jason
Message 3 of 3
sec-k
in reply to: sec-k

That is what I thought. So in the System Browser, I should have my air handling unit as mechanical system 1 (for example). Below that, I should have all of the FPBs and VAVs associated with that air handler listed. Then I will have mechanical systems 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. for each FPB/VAV with the associated air terminals below those. Makes sense, just wanted to make sure I understood the process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report