Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials not working in schedules for pipes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
revitworkbench
517 Views, 5 Replies

Materials not working in schedules for pipes

Hi, so I have a problem with my pipe materials to wanting to be scheduled. Before, all I did was go to the piping system, right click-type properties, -material and then select the one I want. However today for some reason, the pipe material is coming in as <By Category> in the schedule which is extremely annoying since both the pipe type, and piping system have material set to copper L! I don't understand where this <By Category> is coming from. I've changed everything that I could please help.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Does anyone know how to  change this parameter? See attached..

Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

michaelmead wrote:

"Does anyone know how to  change this parameter? See attached.."

I think that you first have to go to Mechanical Settings » Pipe Settings » Segments and Sizes and see if the correct Segment type is there. Create a new one and define the Material if need be. Then, go to the Pipe Type's Properties and go into Routing Preferences via the "Edit..." button. Here, you can define a new Pipe Segment to be available with this Pipe Type, and thus, control the Material.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well I that seemed to be working right up till the point that I remembered that the routing preferences will only take affect on new pipe drawn. What about the thousands of pipe that are already drawn? Is there no way to change there material?

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Can you select a segment of Pipe, right-click, click Select All Instances, and then redefine the Pipe Segment parameter for all of the elements belonging to that Pipe Type at once?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yeah, thanks. Interestingly the pipe segement parameter was blank when I tried that, and appeared to me that this ment that more than one pipe segment was select which didnt make any sense. But there was a hidden drop down menu with the pipe type that I just created (and ONLY the pipe type that i just created) when I selected this, all of them updated. But for anyone else who might read this, I had to duplicate both the material and schedule type and change their names so that it would accept it. But in the data base, although the default material and schedule type appeared to be loaded and  functioning, it was not and only after duplicating it, did it work properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report