Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Application to Duct

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
14356 Views, 6 Replies

Material Application to Duct

I am trying to apply material to my duct but it seems it doesn't work. (or maybe I just miss something??) Please see attached. The shading color works fine but the surface pattern doesn't come out. Any help will be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been able to recreate your dilemma, but I was unable to find a direct solution. It seems to me that if Material is assigned to a Duct System, the Surface Pattern will simply not be applied. I changed the Duct System to the Material "Acoustic Tile" and the grid pattern did not display, although the Duct did take on the correct image.

Now, I also tried assigning a Material to the Ducts Category via Object Styles, and that DID work. My conclusion to that is since Object Style has the lowest priority amongst all of the other overrides (e.g. View Filters, Phase Graphics, V/G Overrides), there is no override that would removing the surface pattern from the Duct.

This may be an intended function, but I wouldn't know why that would be. The only solution I can offer you is to employ a View Filter to apply a Surface Pattern to the appropriate Ducts and Duct Fittings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the reply Corey.

I get what I want by combination of material application and V/G Filter (see attached).

Message 4 of 7
marcosvilunir

You can Apply materials in the Proyect Browser/Mechanical equipment/Duct  System

eso! ojalá funcione.

Message 5 of 7

You can paint materials onto the duct using the paint tool (PT shortcut).

Message 6 of 7
m.lugthart

Click: Manage tab / Object Styles / change material

and Done

Message 7 of 7
wfinley888
in reply to: m.lugthart

That's great....if you have one type of duct in your model. But that is not realistic. Is this just another terrible miss by Autodesk?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report