Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Regions in Linked Architectural project

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dtiemeyer
2804 Views, 2 Replies

Masking Regions in Linked Architectural project

Using MEP, we have architectural projects linked. However when the architect uses a masking region, it also masks our elements.

Is there any way to:

1) turn off 'masking regions' in a linked file?

2) use a 'draw order-like' setting to ensure our engineering elements sit 'on top of' the masking regions and display & print?

Cheers!

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

In a View, if the link's Display Settings under Visibility/Graphics Overrides » Revit Links tab is set to "By Linked View", you are stuck with whatever elements appear on the Linked View, whether they are model or annotation elements. If they are annotation elements, they will appear on top of the model elements, and there is no draw order control to override this. I can immediately think of five ways to get around this:

1.) Under V/G » Revit Links tab, set the link's Display Settings to Custom. Click 'Custom' and under the Model Categories tab, set the pull-down at the top to '<Custom>". Now you can turn off the Detail Items Category.

2.) Change the View to Wireframe. The downside to this should be obvious.

3.) Change the link's Display Settings to either "By Host View" or "Custom". The downside is that you will not be able to see their annotations.

4.) Under V/G » Revit Links tab, set the Link to Underlay. This will affect the Link's appearance.

5.) Open the linked Project and locate the referenced View and hide or delete the Masking Regions (You can Duplicate the View with Detailing to preserve the original View). Save and update the Link in your project. The downside to this will rear it head when the architect sends an updated model - you'll have to re-delete/hide those Masking Regions. Or you can ask the Architect to create a copy of these Views (as a Dependent) with the Masking Regions hidden by element.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks again, CADastrophe. I was hoping for more of a 'central' control point. Time to submit a change request I guess.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report