Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manholes/Inspection Chambers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
IMCornish
2570 Views, 1 Reply

Manholes/Inspection Chambers

Being an Architect with Autodesk's 'Building Design Suite 2013' I am able to deviate from Revit Architecture to Revit MEP for the purpose of doing some simple sanitary and hot and cold water supply layouts for domestic projects.  Now, don't laugh, but it took me about 3 days to work out how to do a basic pipework layout being confused by pipe segments, pipe types and pipe systems, however can someone tell me where I can find some basic fittings such as Inspection chambers (Manholes) and waste traps (P & S)for sinks etc?  Do they exist in the OTB software (I can't find them) or do I have to create my own families?  If the later is the case can someone tell me which template I should use?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: IMCornish

I've seen traps available for download in few places online. If you haven't already, I would try Seek.autodesk.com, revitcity, or AUGI.

I don't think I've seen manholes/inspection chambers though. I would check some manufacturer's websites, or if you have a cut sheet for one, you could build it using a generic model template.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report