Revit MEP

Valued Mentor
IMCornish
Message 1 of 2 (878 Views)

Manholes/Inspection Chambers

878 Views, 1 Replies
10-26-2012 04:53 AM

Being an Architect with Autodesk's 'Building Design Suite 2013' I am able to deviate from Revit Architecture to Revit MEP for the purpose of doing some simple sanitary and hot and cold water supply layouts for domestic projects.  Now, don't laugh, but it took me about 3 days to work out how to do a basic pipework layout being confused by pipe segments, pipe types and pipe systems, however can someone tell me where I can find some basic fittings such as Inspection chambers (Manholes) and waste traps (P & S)for sinks etc?  Do they exist in the OTB software (I can't find them) or do I have to create my own families?  If the later is the case can someone tell me which template I should use?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Product Support
Chris.Aquino
Message 2 of 2 (792 Views)

Re: Manholes/Inspection Chambers

11-04-2012 08:14 AM in reply to: IMCornish

I've seen traps available for download in few places online. If you haven't already, I would try Seek.autodesk.com, revitcity, or AUGI.

I don't think I've seen manholes/inspection chambers though. I would check some manufacturer's websites, or if you have a cut sheet for one, you could build it using a generic model template.

Chris Aquino
Knowledge Domain Expert
Customer Service & Support
Autodesk, Inc.

The Revit Clinic
@Revitclinic
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.