Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making families have the same insertion point

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
350 Views, 2 Replies

Making families have the same insertion point

I need to make 2 families have the same insertion point so that I can swap them in and out of a project, but I can't seem to make that happen.  Attached are families of a 2 post and a 4 post rank.  If you drop them into a project and change either, you'll see the instance of that family jump to a different location.

5-13-2013 1-32-23 PM.png

In both families, the center plane and the back plane create the origin and are pinned.  That point is located at the mysterious 0,0 point, but they still come into a project differently.  Does anybody know why and how to fix it?  Thanks in advance.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

In your 'V0.4' family, go to the Ref. Level View and find the two Reference Places that intersect at the desired 'insertion' point. Select them and then check the box for "Defines Origin" under Properties. That should do it!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Doh, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report