Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost view titles

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
RandMan
11771 Views, 8 Replies

Lost view titles

We've had this happen in v2012 and now v2013.  Suddenly, every view title on every sheet is missing.  This happend on a 2012 job, and one of our CAD guys figured it out.  Of course this happens again (right when the job must go out) and he's on vacation.  I seached, but nothing came-up. 

Has this happend to anyone here?  What is the solution?  THANKS

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RandMan

On one of the sheets, Select the linked View and you will see "Viewport" on the Type Selector on the properties palette. Click 'Edit Type' and make sure that the "Show Title" parameter is set to 'yes'.

We often have two types of Viewports - Normal ones and then ones without Title Tags.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
RandMan
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, I believe you're right.  I need to be sure how to setup two diffierent types of viewports.  I think I know how this happened.  A schedule is dragged onto a sheet.  It comes in with a number and a title.  "We don't put extra view titles on schedules"  The title is deleted.  I think that may delete all the other view titles, being a type parameter. 

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RandMan

In order to create a new type with no title, click "Duplicate..."  under Type Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9

I am having a similar issue for two separate sheets. 

Only, it is not only the title on the sheet that is not showing, it is also the viewport.  Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 9

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Are the Views still attached to the Sheet View? You can check the Project Browser; all attached Views are listed under each Sheet View.

If the Views are still attached, then try activating Reveal Hidden Elements on the Sheet View, and see if the Viewports have somehow been hidden.

Message 7 of 9

Thank you so much. I can't believe it was that simple.
Message 8 of 9
sniperetn
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The solution is not clear. when I right-click on the sheet I do not see  the "link view" 

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: sniperetn

The solution is actually quite clear and says nothing about right clicking.

What is your issue?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report