Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Properties information when converting a .rvt to ,dwg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
789 Views, 2 Replies

Losing Properties information when converting a .rvt to ,dwg

I'm working on a project where I have to merge several files into one .dwg file for our client. I have to take models that are designed in revit and autocad. I'm noticing when I convert the .rvt files to .dwg, the newly created .dwg files don't have all of the same properties that were inputted into the original .rvt file.

Mainly I need the information in the (Identity Data) to show up in the properties in the converted .dwg file.

Is this a export setting issue or is it even possible? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, Revit objects lose all of their identity data when they're exported to CAD. You could export to dxf and use Design Review to keep the identity data, but that may not be what you're looking for.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

That's what I thought. Yeah, we talked about converting it to dxf but that wouldn't work with what we are trying to do. Thanks for the confirmation.

Do you know if you can just create a Layer modifier when converting to .dwg to just pull the identity information. Such as just a Equipment_Tag?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report