Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Steel Sch 40 pipe fittings

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dgventers
6944 Views, 9 Replies

Looking for Steel Sch 40 pipe fittings

Does any one know where to find steel sch 40 pipe fittings? or an eazy why to make them...It is so strange there is steel sch 40 piping but no fittings to go with it. i have looked on the internet for 3 hours now, and no hope..."Please help if you can..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dgventers

Have you tried searching Autodesk Seek or on a manufacturer's website? Many manufacturer's have Revit Families free for download.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
dgventers
in reply to: CoreyDaun

i have looked on the internet for 3 hours now, and no hope.. That means that no manufacture has it avabile and I found one on AutoSeek and it did not work right.....

Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

You will have to create them, then. Search YouTube to see if you can find some tutorials or guides for creating Pipe Fitting Families. If you run into any specific issues, you can post here for help but I myself will likely be of limited assistance as I am primarily of the electrical discipline.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

Manufacturers providing Revit MEP Families

http://www.revitforum.org/mep-family-creation/98-manufacturers-providing-revit-mep-families.html

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
Chris.Aquino

If you cannot find what you are looking from the manufacturers, I would review the Revit MEP Families Guide which has steps for creating some families.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13376617

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 7 of 10
b.burns2

Weldbend.com home page has many free downloads for fittings & ZFlanges

Message 8 of 10
MattStubbs
in reply to: b.burns2

It seems to be that more attention is being spent building families within the industry where prefabrication is more prominent. I have also found sources for weld fittings and groove fittings but none in threaded. It may be coincidence but seems to fit that this would be for communication with a third party fabricator which is prevalent in Fire Protection (i.e. Groove Fittings)..

Hopefully some manufacturer's will begin work on some Families as it would be handy for design and layout of gas systems in my realm..

Message 9 of 10
b.burns2
in reply to: MattStubbs

McMaster Carr has threaded fittings that you can download straight from / to F360
Message 10 of 10
MattStubbs
in reply to: b.burns2

This is definitely a good start, could be time consuming to build up a collection, but its better than nothing I suppose. Thanks for the source!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report