Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Instance Parameter - Non-Dimension

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lindgren.scott
732 Views, 1 Reply

Lock Instance Parameter - Non-Dimension

Is there any way to lock an Instance Parameter that is not a dimension?

Here's the issue...

I'm creating a "Multipurpose" receptacle family where the load per phase needs to be calculated by dividing the total load by the number of poles.  Number of poles is already a type parameter in the family.  However, the number of poles parameter is a type that can't be used in a formula because it is not a number parameter.  Plus a type parameter cannot be used in an instance parameter calculation.

So I created a "No. of Poles" instance parameter as a number parameter to use in calculating the load per phase, and manually input this for each type.  My worry is that, because this is an instance parameter, the "No. of Poles" instance parameter will get accidentally changed in the project and will model the loads incorrectly.

With that, is there any way to lock an instance parameter to prevent this from accidentally happening? (be it by me in this project or someone else that uses this family later)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lindgren.scott

You would need to use formulas, and then sometimes that won't even work. Since Number of Poles cannot be included in a formula or contain a formula, there is no way to lock it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report