Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local and Central files crashwhile opening

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BMART
322 Views, 1 Reply

Local and Central files crashwhile opening

I have a job that's Central file and Local files crash while opening. The Central File resides on a network and has the Central Files of other disciplines linked into it. To fix it I have to disconnect from the network to "sever" the linked files, then my local will open. I then have to unload all the links, reconnect to the network and save the local as the Central File and reload all the links. This works for a day or two then it happens all over again. Does anyone know what would cause this and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Martin
BIM/CAD Manager
Scheeser Buckley Mayfield LLC
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: BMART

Sound like something is causing this on the server side. Files don't get disconnected by themselves and the fact that re-connecting them seems to fix the issue I'm left wondering what's disconnecting, if anything. If this happens every few days look in your server logs for other services that may be interacting with your Revit files and causing this. Do you have an off-line back to that locking the files? This will cause issues for users. Do you have a peer to peer syncing process running? This will also cause downstream issues for users. When is the last time to created a new central? Try the following.

1. Tell all users to get save to central and get out of Revit.

2. Back up the Central files and the Central back up folder.

3. Delete the Central Back up folder.

4. Open any local file, assuming it was STC successfully in # 1 above.

5. R > Save-As > Options > Save this file as a new Central after save. (you might have to do this step twice) 

6. Have all users delete existing locals files and back-up folders.

7. Have all users create new locals from the new central.

8. Test over a few days to see what happens.

Thanks for posting. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report