Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Conduit Fittings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RedMan77
1582 Views, 4 Replies

Loading Conduit Fittings

I loaded some conduit fittings but when I highlight the conduit system family and edit the type properties, on the pull down for all the fittings, it only says None. What frighteningly simpistic concept am I missing?  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RedMan77
in reply to: RedMan77

So for bend I selected "Conduit Elbow - Set Screw" and it fonally showed up.  I guess I incorrectly assumed if I chose "Conduit Connector - Compression - Die Cast Zinc.rfa" it would give choices for each pulldown under fittings for that Type.  So now for conduits I only have the option for bend. I loaded all the fittings for EMT and Tee, Cross and Tranistion have no opitions available.  They still say None.  Why?   I was hoping to see some  sort of pullbox for Tee (becasue conduits dont actually go into a Tee like a cable tray would.  Is this the typical technique?  Seems there should be easier way.  Any suggestions with these issues.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5

Looks like the families have been created wrongly. If you edit the families and change the family's "Category & Parameter" Part Type from Multi-port to Union then it should be visible. The Part Type of the family has to match the list under the conduit types for it to show up.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 5

These are straight out of the box.  First time trying to use them for this particular installation.  I got more of them to show up.  Its just seems silly that you have to go to all that trouble when it should set setup upon installation.

Message 5 of 5
RedMan77
in reply to: RedMan77

Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report