Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Spaces to Mechanical Equipment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
810 Views, 3 Replies

Linking Spaces to Mechanical Equipment

Does anybody have an elegant way to link space colorization (and hatching) to mechanical equipment?

I have perhaps 20 Terminal Units (mech eqpm) and perhaps 100 spaces. I'm trying to create a plan that is colorized where I can 'link' spaces to the Terminal Units, so that if a space is deleted the colorization goes away, or if a TU name/number changes, the colorization legeng changes as well.

Is it possible to create a Key Schedule for spaces where the list of keys is populated by the Terminal Units?

Right now I have it configured as a 2 step process where if a TU name is changed, a Space Key Schedule must also be separately changed. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: dtiemeyer

After some investigating, I have not found a way to automatically do what you are trying to do within Revit.

Having said that, a small sample file, or screenshots may help the community get a better idea of what you are trying to do.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
kmackenzie
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Trying to do a similar thing, but linking the zone to the terminal unit such that zoning schedules can automatically populate information from the unit.  Any luck with what you're trying to do?

Message 4 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: kmackenzie

No, I was never able to link those things like I wanted to, sorry.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report