Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Objects

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
768 Views, 12 Replies

Linked Objects

I would like to hide items in the architectural link, such as their Accessibility Path, which are lines on the arch.rvt file (blue lines shown in attachment here).  However, in my view I have to select each line and hide individually.  I'm sure there is a better way to turn all of the accessibility path lines off at once.  Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jess

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

A couple of points.

Lines are view specific.

Have you forced the "background" to be the exact view from the Arch link?

The only wat to turn them all off is if they are on a sub category i.e., "Accessibility Path" of lines.

If they aren't then you run the risk of turning other things off you may not want to.

TAB over the line-->left click (to select) right click-->override graphics in view-->By category.

This will take you to the category of the element in the RVT links tab of VG.

Click on Show categories from all disciplines at the bottom.

If it is a line, than the line category will be highlighted.

If you uncheck the category, than all lines will be turned off. However if they put the lines on a subcategory, than you can just uncheck the visibility of that one.

Keep in mind, this is per view.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Hey Norcaljess.....I have a question for you...Still on the Jet?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Hey Meastro... what's up?  Do I know you?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrobker

I thought this was going to be my solution because I noted the Lines seemed to be assigned to a Sub Category of Accessibility Path.  However, when I tabbed over a line & went to Override Graphics in View, it will not let me select any of those options (By Element... Category... Filter...)  When I go to "Hide in View" it will only let me select Elements... I cannot select Category or Filter.  Is this because of the way I have the file linked?  Or because of a setting on the arch's end?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 13
Jrobker

I'm assuming your view is set to by linked view.

Change it to custom, but leave the linked view floor the same and you should be good to go.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I should probaly know where this is at, but I'm just getting back into Revit after 3 years of being off.  Where would I find that setting?

Thanks again

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Actually, I found it.  I changed it to custom.  Still having the same issue.  It won't let me override the view, even though I changed it to "Custom".  I looooove Revit... my new mantra....

Message 9 of 13
Jrobker

Remember im asumming this is how you have it set up.

VG-->RVT links-->maximize the link--> choose (not shared)-->pick by linked view--> Basic Tab-->Change to custom, but leave the floor plan the same as what it was in by linked view.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

You are the best.  Thanks for the assistance!

Message 11 of 13
Jrobker

Glad to help.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

ya, from FocalJet...Sorry i couldn't be of more help with revit, i'm still learning it...I'm a pro with Inventor, SW, and Cad.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Meastro... there must be another norcaljess out there... I've never heard of FocalJet!  I'll have to check it out.  Sorry!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report