Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked model and placement of receptacles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
614 Views, 2 Replies

Linked model and placement of receptacles

I have a problem placing receptacles in my limked model. It does not recognize the host - wall in the linked file. Is there something I need to do on the linked file??

Thanks

Ana Paula

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem would most likely be that your receptacle is specifically a Wall-Hosted family. If the architecture is linked in, then technically you do not have a "wall" to host it to, you have a Link Object. This applies to ceilings and floors as well. You will have to convert the family to a faced-based family, following this method (using RMEP 2011 or 2012).

1. Create a new project and draw a wall from the Architect Tab. Save this temporary project somewhere.

2. Insert the receptacle families onto this wall. (Along with any other desired wall-hosted devices)

3. Create another new project and Link the previous project into this one.

4. Use Copy/Monitor on the device(s) to create a copy of it in the current project.

5. These families are converted to face-based, so you can export them or save them as a separate families.

You can, as an alternate solution, Copy/Monitor the architect's walls, but the above solution would probably be better.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!! It is funny because I already worked with linked files and the wall hosted families were able to attach to the linked walls.

Ana Paula

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report