Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Arch Model is covers MEP work (Revit MEP 2010)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
justin4422
2318 Views, 7 Replies

Linked Arch Model is covers MEP work (Revit MEP 2010)

I am having trouble with a linked architectural models room name and numbers on top of ductwork and piping. in autocad you would send background to the back. is there a fix for this in revit MEP 2010 and revit MEP 2011?

please help!!

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

You need to go into visibility graphics for the link and turn off the visibility of room tags.  If you are not sure how to manage visibility graphics I would look in the help menu or user's guide and you should be all set from there.

Lawrence

Message 3 of 8
justin4422
in reply to: justin4422

I do not want to turn off the room names and numbers. i know how to turn them off in the vis graphics. I need them to not show up on top of ductwork, piping, equipment, etc. I tried to make them transparent in the Vis graphics as well and that did not work. The only solution i can some up with is to turn off the room tags in the linked model and use space tags with room bounding in the MEP model.

any thoughts???

Message 4 of 8
abulla

That is correct for 2010, I think that has been fixed in 2011, but our IT guy is taking his sweet time installing it...

Message 5 of 8
Jrobker

Don't make them transparent in VG. Doesn't work. Call the Architect and have them edit their Room name family and have them change thier text style from Opaque to transparent, or you can do it everytime you get an update.

The best way to go is to use your own space tag and move it out of the way, use a leader if you have to.

I always turn off all annotations from the linked model except for Grids.

Check out these links.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=98649&highlight=room+names

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=106228&highlight=room+names

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 8
justin4422

thank a lot for the input

I made sure they were transparent in the Arch model and this did not change the way they were showing up in the MEP model for some reason. I guess I will just use the tags in the MEP model and turn off room names and numbers in the linked Arch model. It would be nice if they would come up with a fix for this sometime soon.

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 8
MononaPlumbing

Does anyone know if this has been fixed, yet?  I just experienced the same effect in Revit 2013.Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: MononaPlumbing

MononaPlumbing wrote:

"Does anyone know if this has been fixed, yet?  I just experienced the same effect in Revit 2013."Smiley Frustrated

Hello, welcome to the Discussion Groups!

If the Link Model's display is set to "By Linked View", all of the annotations will appear on top of the model elements, just like your annotations do. My current method of acquiring the architect's rooms numbers is to directly Tag the Rooms through the Linked Model. You can even steal the architect's Room Tag Family and load it into your model and you'll match exactly!

If this isn't helpful or you're having a different issue, please elaborate on what you're looking to achieve.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report