Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Revit 2013 Architectural Model with Revit MEP 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RodriguezMEP
885 Views, 2 Replies

Link Revit 2013 Architectural Model with Revit MEP 2012

So apperently you cannot link a Revit 2013 Architectural Model into Revit 2012 MEP. Is this True? I havent tried to do so myself, but recently an Architect that we work with told us that if he sends us a file in 2013, we will not be able to link it to our 2012, which means we wont be able to use his model at all and we would have to model it ourself.

Is Autodesk making upgrade our REVIT MEP every year?? and this also means that the Architect and MEP Consultant have to be in the same REVIT year software.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ASCunningham
in reply to: RodriguezMEP

You are correct. You will need to use the version the architect is sending you. If you have R2013 MEP you can upgrade your project from R2012 to R2013, that is done automatically when opening up the project. Otherwise you are stuck and there is nothing you can do. From what I understand this workflow will not change.

Message 3 of 3
abulla
in reply to: ASCunningham

As has already been stated, this is true. I have a couple of valid reasons for Autodesk doing this though:

1. There are many features added from release to release. I think conduit and cable tray was ony just added in 2011 for example - 2010 Revit wouldn't even know what those object were.

2. Autodesk has hired some really smart people in their marketing department. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report