Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link or Import CAD file into Revit issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ehughes
2245 Views, 9 Replies

Link or Import CAD file into Revit issue

A colleague and I are having really strange issue with a linked or imported CAD file into Revit 2015 and 2014.

-We are using the latest video driver, Nvidia K5000

-This happens on multiple machines in the office on 2014 and 2015 Revit

-We turned Hardware Acceleration off

-We have the same issue with any cad file imported

-We have the Update Release 5

-We have done an audit, purge and explode of the original DWG and all the multiple xrefs

-We did the -exporttoautocad command

-We saved the DWG file type down to 2000

-We created a new local central file as its a work share project

-We've done a full un-install and re-install of the software

Nothing has worked.

When you zoom or pan the grid bubbles and lines giggle and change shape, the lines should be straight and perpendicular. This file is not workable. This just happened overnight. Weve done this process 1000 times an it just started happening.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
L.Maas
in reply to: ehughes

I would almost say that sketchy lines are active.

Sketchy.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 10
ehughes
in reply to: L.Maas

It looks that way but its not. The grid bubbles and lines change shape and jiggle like jello when pan and zoom.??

Message 4 of 10
L.Maas

If it just start happening "overnight", maybe it is still some updates somewhere (Revit, windows, graphics drivers).

If possible, try to return to a previous restore point and see if that solves your issues (date before the issues starte to arise).

Also in the  check in the installation & licensing forums t osee if they are aware of your issues

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 10
arunag
in reply to: L.Maas

This may be related to the objects being too far from the origin, put on the project base point & check if the imported stuff is at origin.

check this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/india/revit-tip-elements-are-having-edgy-amp-jagged-outlines/ba-p/5203...

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 6 of 10
ehughes
in reply to: arunag

Thanks, looks similar issue but its not the origin. We had drawn a face in AutoCAD and linked it to Revit and attached was the result, 3 circles and an arc. Did an audit and purge to that face file and once relinked it looked fine??? So why wouldn't an audit purge to the site plan and its xrefs have the same results??? Ill look into the Installation and Licensing forums for any advice too.....

Message 7 of 10
ehughes

Ok, its figured out for now. We loaded the site plan in with only 2 of the 4 xrefs and linked it in after doing an audit. It looked workable but the nodes were offset. Once the views were reset the nodes worked correctly.

Message 8 of 10
KM_Springfield
in reply to: arunag

I have just had this issue with Revit 2017, lines imported or linked all looked like sketchy lines.
I was manually placing the import so changed to Origin to Origin (actual position was only about 10m from where I was trying to place it) and problem solved!

Thanks for the tip off.
Message 9 of 10
payam.rad
in reply to: KM_Springfield

In my case, I was using civil CAd file as Site background, and  I have noticed that if you change the Revit view scale to that of site plan and match the civil drawing's scale (even if the scale on your drawing is going to be different on the page) it will resolve lots of jaggy lines, also the Dash lines come much closer to what was intended in the original drawings. Then you can switch to whatever scale you wish at the end! Give it a try! 

Message 10 of 10
AboMohammed7146

when I faced the same issue, I tried many things to solve it, The solution in my case was exploding every thing in cad file.

Here is a screen shot for a linked cad file right side exploded, left side not explodedlinked cad filelinked cad file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report