Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweights of same object types display differently

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tkendrick
825 Views, 2 Replies

Lineweights of same object types display differently

I have two light fixtures I downloaded from the same manufacturer. When I place each light fixture one has a different lineweight than the other. I've checked both families, they both are the same category. The Symbolic Lines used for the annotation symbol are the same. The object styles in both the project and the families are the same. Even though I know that the Project Object Styles take precedence over Family Object Styles. I've even deleted the symbolic lines from the original families and entirely re-created the annotation symbol, but when reloaded into the project, one has the correct line thickness and one does not. There are no Element Overrides in place, I simply loaded each family and placed an instance on a ceiling. I don't know where else to look in order to get the lineweights of the same object category to be different or the same.

The attached PDF shows the light fixtures and how their lineweights are different.

They have the same Phase, Same elevation, Same host, as far as I can tell everything is same between these fixtures.

Any ideas?

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tkendrick
in reply to: tkendrick

I found my own solution. After 3 hours of trying to figure it out.

The View Range on the view I was working in, the Top was set at 10'0" and the View Depth was set at 14'0" both from Associated Level. The lights that weren't displaying the "correct" lineweight, were at elevation 10'0". When I adjusted the Top of the View Range beyond 10'0" the lineweight issue was corrected. I'm remembering now that out of range, but within View Depth objects display differently.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 3 of 3
jkarben
in reply to: tkendrick

@tkendrick wrote:

....I'm remembering now that out of range, but within View Depth objects display differently.

Nice detective work. Objects within View Depth utilize the <Beyond> line style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report