Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweight import from CAD problem (Revit 2013)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
atk01160
449 Views, 2 Replies

Lineweight import from CAD problem (Revit 2013)

Before I begin, I already know how to use the little arrow on the Import tab to override the DWG/DFX color numbers of an imported CAD drawing and I have set these up to match the company standard we use. Moreover, I have checked in the Visibility/Graphics window that there are no overrides applied to the imported CAD drawing in the "Imported Categories" tab and under the Object Styles... button.

That said, all of the lines in the drawing are still the same lineweight. Has anybody run into a similar issue? Am I missing yet another menu which edits the lineweights of imported CAD files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thombrady
in reply to: atk01160

I also use multiple imported Cad files & I have found the best way is to expand the imported cad file in VG, change everything to the color & thickness I want instead of just the heading tab. I do this in specific views & project views. It seems like when I do'nt, I have issues.

Message 3 of 3
Agustinsa
in reply to: atk01160

I had the same problem and it looks I had my imported cad drawing below the View Range Bottom elevation.

You either need to move your imported cad drawing to match Bottom elevation or modify Bottom elevation to extend beyond the imported cad drawing elevation.

Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report