Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linestyles in AutoCAD not showing correctly in Revit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
meaton224
2201 Views, 8 Replies

Linestyles in AutoCAD not showing correctly in Revit

I have a site plan I am working on.  In AutoCAD the linestyles are showing correctly.  When I link in the AutoCAD site plan into my Revit model, the linestyles do not show correctly.  How do you import the linestyles from AutoCAD into Revit so they come in correctly.  The first image is what the AutoCAD dwg looks like.  It is roughly the same area as the picture for the Revit model below just rotated a little bit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

AutoCAD dwgRevit model

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: meaton224

The translation from AutoCAD to Revit is far from perfect. For one, Revit is incapable of replicating any complex Linetypes (i.e., those with text segments). AutoCAD handles the display of its Linetypes much differently that Revit handles its Line Patterns. You may need to manually assign the correct Line Pattern (or as close as you can get in Revit) to the Imported Object's Layers under Object Styles.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
meaton224
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks.  I will need linestyles with text in them.  Will have to see how to do that. 

Message 4 of 9

Hi @CoreyDaun , 

I have the same issue. Revit does not display the Custom and special character line types from AutoCAD drawing. The same linetypes are not available in Revit imported linetypes. Please guide me to fix this issue.

Message 5 of 9

See the post marked as the solution. It is not possible. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for your swift reply.

Do you mean it is not possible to display the AutoCAD custom linetypes in Revit?

or Do you mean your solution must work?

This is your solution:
You may need to manually assign the correct Line Pattern (or as close as you can get in Revit) to the Imported Object's Layers under Object Styles.

Please see my attached snapshot "Imported Linetypes.png" from Revit. It does not show the text symbol in the custom linetypes.

Message 7 of 9

It's not my solution.

Revit cannot do this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 9

ok thanks!

Message 9 of 9

See this current post, using repeating detail items to simulate complex line types.

Might be of assistance

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/formula-issues-with-detail-item-line-type/td-p/119841...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report