Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line thicknesses

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stevenson53
344 Views, 4 Replies

Line thicknesses

Hi there,
As I am working through my Revit training I find the thickness of the lines around the fittings and pipes so bold and thick as to be an annoyance/hindrance.
I'm sure there has to be a simple answer to this but I just can't find it. The appearance settings at the bottom, realistic, wire etc don't help. When I move the whole model around the thick lines go and I get to see this really nice picture with clean lines etc. I would like to see it like that all of the time really.
Thanks
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: stevenson53

Of course you can set the line settings, override them when necessary, using filters etc.

However whene you only need it during modelling then there is a quick function it is called thin lines. It quickly shows all lines as thin lines.

It is by default accessible in the quick access bar

ThinLines.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
stevenson53
in reply to: L.Maas

Thankyou again, you are a big help!  I hope this is not an abuse of the forum asking such basic questions but I am getting and beleive it or not I do try and find the answers on the web before asking here.

How do you do those little clips up put in your responses please?

Thanks

Paul

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: stevenson53

No problems. Forums are here for helping users, beginners or advanced.

Images are just made with a screenshot program. Many paid/free ones can be found on the internet.

And if seldom needed windows has already the basic tools available (the Printscreen key, snipping tools and paint).

After creating and saving your screenshot you can use them in your posts.

Screenshot.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
stevenson53
in reply to: L.Maas

Great thanks! I am having so much fun with the programme and a love a challange even at my age!
Cheers
Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report