Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Preset angles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lsop1409
990 Views, 4 Replies

Line Preset angles

I am trying to draw a line onto a generic annotation at a specific angle, Revit will only allow me to place lines at 1 degree increments, how do I adjust/turn off this setting? I am sure I have seen this in menus before, perhaps when modeling services as opposed to drawing lines?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lsop1409
in reply to: lsop1409

I was tracing a symbol somebody had drawn years ago in CAD. The square was 3.996 by 4.023 approx. so when trying to draw a line diagonally, revit could not draw corner to corner. The confusion came because the original symbol should have been drawn at 4.0 by 4.0 exactly in AutoCAD.

So it was a simple redraw in revit.

Although Revit stated it was square (4 x 4) it was not, although can the software not draw lines at angles such as above.

In this case i am glad it flagged the inaccurate CAD error.

Message 3 of 5
russellvee

In that situation I would have probably typed 'SE' to force snap the line to the other corner of the square. I use that method quite a bit when drawing lines across rooms to get midpoints for light fixture locations, etc.

Message 4 of 5
lsop1409
in reply to: russellvee

Yes I use snaps alot but Revit would not allow me to snap to an endpoint in this case for some reason and would only stick to the 1 degree increments.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

Go to Manage tab » Snaps. Disable the checkbox for "Angular dimension snap increments" to turn off the 1° snap restriction. If you were in need of snapping to the nearest 0.5° (say for the notorious 22.5°), you could just add that increment to the list instead.

Also, keep in mind that this snap is also dependant on your level of Zoom, for instance if you were to Zoom out really far into space, your snap increments would be more inclined to snap to the 15° increments, rather then the 1° increments.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report