Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kenn.grant
154 Views, 1 Reply

Lighting

From what I have been reading there is NO way to do a Lighting Calculation in Revit. Is there a way to do Zonal Cavity Calculation or not. Just curious. I was sure there was some type of Lighting Calculation that Revit would do, other than Rendering. Which in MEP I can get it to Render but it does not show the Light source..so what you have is a Rendered room but the ceiling looks as if it is a regular ceiling, with fixtures in it but no light coming from them. Our service people here locally said that it is a flaw in Revit and that Autudesk is working on it, is that true?? Please let me know. I read about the Export to IES VE..how is this done and where can I get VE from.. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kenn
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: kenn.grant

Revit MEP's Space object has a parameter called 'Average Estimated Illumination' that is computed using the Zonal Cavity Method, based on the fixtures in the Space, and their associated .ies photometry. Refer to page 281 of the Imperial Tutorials.

Ceiling hosted lights need to have have 'Openings' to cut the ceiling. Face hosted lights hosted on linked ceilings need to have a slight extrusion below the ceiling plane (to make it visible) since it is not possible at present to cut a linked ceiling with an 'Opening'.

As for Export to IES VE, this is accomplished via File > Export > Send Model to IES. Additionally, you can download a trial from http://www.iesve.com.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report