Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
garnerm
539 Views, 9 Replies

Lighting Problem

I drop my lights on the grid and the attach find.  My problem is that the lighting is not populating on my schedule to tell me how many foot candles are in the space.  It shows the wattage.  The funny thing is, if I drop in a standard recessed 2x4, then it will, but for this recessed family, it won't.  I assume it has something to do with the family of light fixture I'm using.  I downloaded it from the Manufacturer's website.  See attached family and screen shots to hopefully help.  Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: garnerm

I placed several instances of this light fixture into a Space, hosted to a ceiling, my Space Schedule reported an Average Estimated Illumination of 0 fc regardless of the number of fixtures. However, upon opening the Family and changing the Photometric Web File (.ies file) to something else, the schedule began to report result higher than 0 fc. So check out that .ies file, perhaps that's the culprit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
abulla
in reply to: CoreyDaun

What version of Revit are you using? My thought was that the ceiling geometry is blocking the light source. The Room Calculation Point feature would fix that, but that feature was added in 2013.

Message 4 of 10
garnerm

I tried that numerous times and still nothing.  I actuaclly have the same issue with a couple of other LED downlights from other compnays, one being Cooper.  I have sent an email to Daybrite for help.

If anyone knows of another manufacturer's LED recessed downlight and has good results with it, please let me know.  I need something to spec in my model to design with.

Message 5 of 10
garnerm
in reply to: abulla

I'm running the latest, 2013, i will try that now.... wish me luck!

Message 6 of 10
garnerm
in reply to: abulla

@abulla wrote:

What version of Revit are you using? My thought was that the ceiling geometry is blocking the light source. The Room Calculation Point feature would fix that, but that feature was added in 2013.

This didn't solve my problem.

Message 7 of 10
CoreyDaun

The Room Calculation Point was the first thing I looked at, too. Anyway, check on Autodesk Seek to find a "stand-in" fixture for the meantime.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 10
bcaudill

Are the LOAD CALCULATIONS checked in the electrical settings?

Message 9 of 10
garnerm
in reply to: bcaudill

Spoiler

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the LOAD CALCULATIONS checked in the electrical settings?

Yes

Message 10 of 10
whorton-DK

It could be the photometric IES files is using absolute lumen output? Most LED fixtures are only providing absolute lumen files and not the old relative photometry. It is probable the lamplumen value is not provided in the IES which might be how Revit calculates light levels. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report