Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting fixtures open to structure

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
kcrum
571 Views, 13 Replies

Lighting fixtures open to structure

What is the best way to place lighting fixtures when there is no ceiling, meaning they are pendant mounted from the structure?  I created a work plane for them to connect to but they are gray in color instead of white so they look existing on the plan.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jason_S
in reply to: kcrum

@kcrum wrote:

What is the best way to place lighting fixtures when there is no ceiling, meaning they are pendant mounted from the structure?  I created a work plane for them to connect to but they are gray in color instead of white so they look existing on the plan.

Work plains work for me.  For the gray light fixtures are they on the EXISTING Phase by mistake?

Message 3 of 14
kcrum
in reply to: Jason_S

They are not on an existing phase.  If we place them on that work plan which is 10'-0", they show up gray.  If we move the work plane to 0'-0" then they show up white.  I cannot figure out why they don't show up white like the fixtures locked to a ceiling grid. 

Message 4 of 14
CoreyDaun

What is the current View Range? And the View's Properties? A potential scenario is that the light fixture is beyond the current View's Depth and the View's Underlay is set to the level above.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 14
kcrum
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The View Range is as follows:

Top - Assoc. Level (Sec. Flr.) 17'

Cut Plan - Assoc. Level (Sec. Flr.) 0'

Bottom - Assoc. Level (Sec. Flr.) 0'

View Depth

Top Assoc. Level 17'

You'll have to forgive me, I'm very new to Revit and won't receive training for a couple week so I'm working through this with the help of some co workers who have had worked in it a little longer.  How do you find the view properties?

Thanks for repsonding.

Message 6 of 14
CoreyDaun

Can you recreate the situation in a new Revit Project and post it here for us to investigate? You will likely have to use "Purge Unused" several times and manually delete any Fitting Families from the Project Browser in order to get the file small enough to post here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 14
kcrum
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This is the fixture I am trying to use and as far as we can tell, it might be the family.  Would it be possible for you to try using this fixture type in a random project and see if it shows up gray in the floor plan?  

Thanks.

Message 8 of 14
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

You attached a pdf file, not the family revit file...

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 9 of 14
kcrum
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Sorry.

Message 10 of 14
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

are you working within the structural project, or you are using a MEP templateand linking the structural project?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 11 of 14
kcrum

We are working in the MEP and linking the structural.  We have tried all kinds of modifications to the visual graphics, etc. and cannot seem to figure out how to get it to show up white and not look existing.

Message 12 of 14
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Open the Workset manager make sure this option is unchecked

workset.png

In Visibilty/graphics Is there any filter applied to this view, or any override with a color in the model tab 

model.png

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 13 of 14

1. Click Manage tabSettings panelAdditional Settings drop-down  (Halftone/Underlay).
  2. In the Halftone/Underlay dialog, under Underlay, 
    •  (uncheck) Apply halftone:

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 14 of 14
kcrum

Accept as solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report