Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting Calculations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
meaton224
342 Views, 5 Replies

Lighting Calculations

I am trying to get the average illumination of a room.  I have put in my space, my light fixture and made sure the correct IES file is loaded.  I can get the room cavity rations but my average estimated illumination is 0.00fc.  I have had this issue before but at other times it seems to work.  Anyone have any suggestions on what I may be doing incorrectly?

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The first thing I would verify if the light source is within the space

Try to create a section view and once you’re on that view

go to visibility graphics and turn on Light Source from Lighting Fixtures and as well the Reference and interior from the Space and see if the source within the space.

light.png

You may need to edit the family and move the source to be able to detect the space

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 6

I tried as you suggested but still no luck.  Any other ideas?ltg calc.jpg

Message 4 of 6
chris.kershaw
in reply to: meaton224

Check in the Electrical settings and make sure the 'Run calculations for loads in space' is ticked 

Elec Settings.JPG

Message 5 of 6
meaton224
in reply to: chris.kershaw

I checked the box and still no luck.  Thanks though.

Message 6 of 6

It should calculate something even the option is unchecked. Keep us posted on this one

as well if you select the light and change its offset to 1 foot lower.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report