Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIGHTING CALCULATION

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
miguel202
11258 Views, 8 Replies

LIGHTING CALCULATION

WHEN USING REVIT, CAN REVIT ALSO PERFORM LIGHTING CALCULATIONS WITHIN THE PROGRAM?

IF SO WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: miguel202

Revit can perform some lighting calculations for Spaces (average estimated illumination). The following section of the help has more information:

Lighting Calculations

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 9
miguel202

how do I go about to do lighting calculations on my lighting plan in Revit

Message 4 of 9
Chris.Aquino

You can add Average Estimated Illumination to the Space Tags to show the value, or you can use a Color Fill Scheme to show it graphically.

Example

If you are looking for something besides Average Estimated Illumination, please reply with a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to do.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 9
miguel202
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

how do you add the average stimated illumination on to a drawing

Message 6 of 9
embolisim

You should be able to make a copy of the space or room tag you've been using,then edit it to include the 'label' for average estimated illumination in the tag.

Message 7 of 9
miguel202
in reply to: embolisim

I am not understanding  your recondations, are there any procedure of how to do this lighting calculation I have a lighting plan and I need to do a lighting calculation

Message 8 of 9
asommer

It will not do "Photometric" Calculations where it places footcandle levels on a 1' grid.  It only gives "Estimated Illumination" for each room.  You need an Add-on such as AGI-32.  They have an add-on called "Elumtools".  I think this is what you need.

To get any of this to work, you need to place lights in the model with IES files attached to them.

Message 9 of 9
justinlrenteria

Found out how to see the Average Estimated Illumination or fc  in Revit MEP 2013. I hope this will save alot of time for everyone and also make a more sustainable design by using the right amount of lights. The lights that I have do not currently work for AEI it shows up 0.00 fc. So I downloaded a common 2 x 4 light that I will be using from a manufacture and get the IES file. Then I just open up the family in a project and go to Edit Type and put the IES file in the Photometric Web File and change what you need in the Initial Intensity such as the Efficacy hit Ok Apply and open the Edit family for it and save the Family in a folder where you can load it in a project save the IES file just in case you might need to load it agian. Whenever I need an AEI  all I would have to do is load the manufacturers light that I edited select the lights that I want an AEI from and change them to the manufactures light escape and click on the space and there you go AEI!!!! then just hit undo and delete the manufac family light that you edited out of the project to save project space. The only issue about this is that the spaces are different in heights I still dont know how revit dest it with different space heights????? Hope this helped!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report