Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
347 Views, 4 Replies

Lighting analysis

Hi

I am currently evaluating a copy of Revit Systems version 2. I am working through the supplied tutorials and I am experiencing difficulty with the lighting analysis section.

The two problems I am facing are:
1. The average estimated illumination field does not seem to behave properly. As soon as I try to change the fitting, this field goes straight to 0! Even if I replace the existing fitting with an equivelent fitting. Is this because the fittings are not at the right level? It is really confusing me. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. The IES data file field does not seem to read in anything at all into the family data. I was expecting that when I entered a valid IES file name that fields such as manufacturer would be popultaed, and that this would also have an effect on the average estimeted illumination. In fact, no information seems to get read in, because I can type mumbo jumbo in the field and it does not warn me that the file does not exist.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

James Lacey
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem too , i don't know how it make the lighting analysis, from where does the data come from if
i take a room , and do the following
- Install a lighting fixture , find " Average Estimated Illumination"
- Change IES data file.
- The " Average Estimated Illumiation " doesn't change.

So how it does do the lighting analysis
Message 3 of 5
cmdguru

I am having the same difficulties with Revit MEP 2008. I added new ies data for non-fluorescents to the proper file location, added the ies name to the lights I wanted and loaded them into the project I am working on, and even went through reopening the program to see if that would help reset the lighting analysis values, but it doesn't seem to recognize anything other than the preloaded lithonia and generic fluorescent ies data files into the lighting analysis calculations. Does anyone know how exactly the ies calcs are factored within the Revit MEP 2008 lighting analysis Average Lighting Illumination? It also is annoying that the OOTB families & the Online Content Library only have ies data for fluorescents. (I am currently using build 20070324_1700 b/c the idiot sysadmin loaded the wrong build, part-time guy won't be in for another week so I cannot load the 2009 version, or the web update#3 for that matter, yeah cruddy company infrastructure)
Message 4 of 5
KyleB_Autodesk

Try "nudging" a light fixture in the room, select the fixture and press the arrow key and then the other direction to move it back. That should re-calculate the lighting values.

I suspect we are not reacting to the change of the Family Parameter for the IES Data File, which is something I can pass on to the development team. I suspect you'll get the desired behavior if you actually create a new Type of the Family that uses the different IES Data file. I know our calcs react to a Type Change in the room.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager
http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
cmdguru

nope that doesn't fix it either, I tried that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report