Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Fixture Watts not showing in schedule

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1677 Views, 7 Replies

Light Fixture Watts not showing in schedule

I have created a new suspended light fixture and assigned wattage, lamp and voltage. When I create a schedule to show the total wattage in a space those fixtures aren't included in the total (the "built-in" fixtures that I used are totaled). I thought the fixture may not be in the space so I tried moving the fixture so it is "floating" in the middle of the space and it still isn't calculated. Does anyone have any suggest of something else I can look at? I will glad to send the fixture family to anyone if it would help.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

The wattage value is based upon the load defined on the Electrical Connector, have you mapped your Family Parameters to the Electrical Connector Parameters?

HTH,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

Untitled.png

hi im having the same problem too though i have already linked the apparent load & voltage in the parameter.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

How to mapp Family Parameters to the Electrical Connector Parameters?

I still cannot see Wattage (it is invisible). I see only Apparent Power.

Do I need to add shared parameter called "Wattage"?

Regrads,

Kamil

Message 5 of 8
MuirEng

I believe the parameter you want is apparent power.

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
smbrennan

As MuirEng mentioned, make sure your parameter for Watts is an Electrical Apparent Power category/type. Revit will not allow you to add values of different types.

Also, within the family, check your connector. Make sure that your Apparent Power is linked to the parameter that you've created. Furthermore, that parameter that YOU created should be a SHARED parameter. If it's shared among multiple elements - that is best practice. You can't create a parameter in a family, then a parameter with the same name in a project, and expect Revit to know that they are supposed to be the same. The parameter as you name it is just for your reference. Revit better understands a parameter by its GUID.

If you post your project, I'm sure someone will be able to take a look at it for you.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@KyleB_Autodesk wrote:
The wattage value is based upon the load defined on the Electrical Connector, have you mapped your Family Parameters to the Electrical Connector Parameters?

HTH,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager

thanks sir its work

Message 8 of 8
bsammis

The connector - parameter relationship isn't the problem.  The fixture schedule doesn't care what the connector shows, that's for panel schedules.  The most likely problem is that you have two "Wattage" parameters, one assigned to the two fixtures that are working with the schedule, and one that is assigned to the other two.  Edit the non-functioning families and in the type editor change the "wattage" parameter in them from the current version (most likely a family parameter) to the shared parameter that the other two families are using.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report